Hi my loves, I’m BACK on my blog with a new article! Let’s talk about hair. Your most frequently asked question is “what’s the secret for having a long healthy hair?”. I’m going to share with you some tips that have helped me keep my hair shiny, healthy and strong.
- First thing you need to keep in mind is that beauty comes from within. And I’m not talking about spiritual beauty, although that’s very important too, but about the physical one. We all know that we are what we eat. Everything we put inside our bodies can either help it or destroy it. Our organism needs to be fed with the right nutriments, vitamins and minerals in order to function properly. Your hair needs help from inside, before anything else. No shampoo, masks or hair treatments will be able to recover your hair unless you don’t give it enough vitamins. Recently I started taking hair vitamins from SugarBearHair and I can already feel the difference. My hair regained its shine and strength. These gummy bears contain the right vitamins and minerals that are meant to stimulate hair growth. (Vitamin A, B, C, D, E, B6, B12 and others) They’re also vegetarian, dairy, soy, gluten and cruelty free. I’ll leave here a link if you want to buy them. Just take 2 pills a day. I can assure you will not forget, because they are so tasty!
- Next, another important thing you need to know is that heat is your hair’s biggest enemy. Reduce the using of hair straighteners and blow dryers at minimum. I can use a straightener or a curling iron just on special occasions and I’m always using heat protection spray. Most of the times I let my hair dry naturally. If I’m washing it before sleep, I put it in a braid and go to bed.
- Don’t rub your hair with a regular bath towel can really damage it. Use a speacial towel for your hair as you use for your face. The towel has to be very soft. You can use a microfibre towel or even a T-shirt.
- Avoid wearing ponytails too often. They pull your hair from the roots which can lead to hair fall and weakening.
- I love using natural products and my favourite hydrating product not only for hair but for skin too, is organic coconut oil. Coconut oil has the properties of detoxifying, hydrating and nourishing your hair. I use it as an over night mask. I apply it on the full hair length, from roots to the ends and wash it in the morning. It does amazing things, especially for those who have dry hair. It gives your hair shine and prevents split ends. I use it at least 2 times a week.
- Message your scalp! I like to bend my hair down, when applying the coconut oil, and massage my head. I do this in order to stimulate the blood flow and hair follicles, hence boosting the growth of the hair and reducing hair fall.
- Avoid washing your hair every day. Washing your hair too often removes the sebum your scalp produces which is beneficial for your hair. Wash it at least once in 3 days.
That’s all for today. Hope this article was useful. Remember that the key is consistency and if you are going to develop these 7 habits, I guarantee your hair will say “Thank you”!!!